•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Saturday 19 July 2014

So I Started Reading Dissonance by Erica O'Rourke

Dissonance (Dissonance, #1)

"A pivot directly connects two worlds, but once you're inside, you can use it to travel to any other Echo in the multiverse."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
"Echoes weren't real, but I was falling for one. Or was I falling for the real Simon, and using his Echo because it was the only way to be with him?I eased out of the bed, holding my breath. My backpack was still stocked from today's training session-duct tape, Swiss Army knife, matches, candy, and now, Monty's [grandfather] lock picks-and its weight was comforting. I might be reckless, but I wasn't stupid.I'd snuck out plenty of times before, but never with this much at stake. The smart thing to do was to stay here, figure out a way to make Eliot forgive me, and convince my parents I had learned my lesson.But ask anybody: Addie was the smart one."
I like how ethereal the cover looks, but it just doesn't reflect the story between the pages. When I look at this cover I think of Greek mythology, of a pretty girl somehow sacrificing herself and being delicate. Couldn't be further from the truth. Del is tough, a trouble maker. Officially labeled the black sheep of her family she is also naturally talented at Walking; navigating between Echo worlds. She is studying to become a professional Walker, where she would fix disturbances in the real world that come from Echo worlds, or disturbances in the echo worlds that could potentially screw up with the real world. Her job is to protect the real world at all costs.

The whole science of it is very interesting, complicated, and needs your full attention. The story so far is pretty long at 496 pages but I havent found myself bored at any given point. I like Del, she has got spunk! Her sister is another story (a goodie two shoes who must always be perfect, her name is Addie). So far other than Del we have the lovable, yet maybe slightly out of it, grandfather who seems to know secrets about their profession that he is keeping under wraps until the opportune moment. I like him, he is entertaining and serves a purpose. The romantic interest is steamy, though I seem to be more into his Echoes than the original boy. We'll see what happens, after all I am only half way through so far.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED this one! The cover actually reminds me of Greek mythology too. I think it's the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. The concept of "echo worlds" sounds interesting to me. I think I'll pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...